MIFI Systems,Inc. Summary: IT Professional with over 8 years of experience in application, designing, development and implementation of Oracle Business Intelligence, Siebel Analytics and RDBMS projects. Possess strong understanding of cutting edge technologies, quick learning and problem solving skills. Comfortable working with team as well as independently. Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in Siebel Analytics and OBIEE in Financial, Sales/Marketing, Telecom and Retail Analytics. • Core competencies include data modeling, building OBIEE Repositories , Dashboards/Reports, report building in BI Publisher and design & development of ETL Data mart, Development/Administration of DAC, Informatica. • Experience in designing and developing end-to-end BI solutions according to standard OLAP methodologies using Siebel Analytics/Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), including 3 full life cycle implementations. • Expertise in design and development of the three layers (Physical/Business Model and Mapping/Presentation) of an OBI Metadata Repository using Oracle BI Administration Tool. • Configured Answers (ad-hoc querying, reports), Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities (charts/tables/graphs), Delivers/iBots (alerts) and administered Web Catalog Objects (pages, folders). • Experience in Security Setup at both Object and Data levels, which involved creation of users/groups, LDAP authentication setup and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment (MUDE). • Proficient in data modeling and Querry building using SQL,Oracle BI analysis, XML • Created numerous reports in BI Publisher in Interactive,PDF,XML/CSV, and word formats for different requirements. • Created RTF, eText, XSL Template by connecting to BI Publisher and publish these templates for the reports. • Extensive experience with ETL processes using Informatica Power Center tool. • Extensively used the four basic Informatica Power Center tools - Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor. • Expertise in different stages of handling data viz. requirement gathering, identifying data sources/targets , data modeling, data cleansing, data loading. • Proficient in defining key metrics, dimensions, hierarchies, attributes and building Star and Snow flake schema. • Used DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console) to configure, administer, load and monitor modular data warehouse applications. • Extensive experience in Unit, Regression, Performance, Integration and User Acceptance testing methodologies. • Expertise in Financial, Sales/Marketing, Telecom and Retail domains. • Strong conceptual background of RDBMS and access methods SQL, PL/SQL. • Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively and efficiently where customer services and technical skills are demanded as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and the client community. • Ability to provide timely solutions and work within specified time frames.
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Feb 2012 -- Present Sr. OBIEE Developer / Analyst
• Involved in the analysis and functional requirements gathering process by meeting up with the business users, business analyst. • Designed, implemented the Metadata, Reports and Dashboards for the Views and Disclosures, General ledger- Period Balance, Journal Entries and Supply Chain-Inventory subject areas using the OBIEE tool. • Created the technical design documents and functional documents. • Developed the repository model for the different work streams with the necessary logic that involved creating the Physical, BMM and the Presentation layer. Also created hierarchies, variables, time comparison analysis and event poll strategies in the repository. • Maintained the various subject areas by providing technical support as a part of the global implementation. • Used fragmentation content and also set the total and detail levels for use of different tables. • Used Repository and Session variables. • Developed on demand, canned Reports and Dashboards for the various subject areas like General Ledger and Grants. • Used union reports, drilldown, presentation variables and prompts in the creation of answers and dashboard reports. • Created KPI's and used these KPI's in Score carding (Tree Manager) for analzing the Actual VS Budget Data. • Used BI publisher for the integrated OBIEE analysis by creating the data models and RTF/eText Templates to build the reports and publish them in the Dashboard Answers. • Used different views in OBIEE like view selector, column selector, table, pivot, chart. • Involved in creation of various Oracle tables, views, Materialized views and functions. • Performed Unit Testing and Functional Testing for the various reports and dashboards. • Created training manuals for the users, conducted training and presentations to the users to help drive user satisfaction. Environment: OBIEE 11.1.3, Oracle People Soft EPM, Windows 7, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g. Pinellas County, Clearwater, FL Aug 2010 -- Jan 2012 Sr. OBIEE Developer / Analyst
• Presented the overall RPD metadata development methodology. • Interacted with the Business Users and Functional Team at the Client site for requirement gathering. • Configured OBIEE Repository (RPD) - implementation of physical data model, importing the tables and having the required physical joins/keys. • Modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business Model and Mapping layer. • Established the logical joins/keys required to support drill-down aggregation. • Created dimensional hierarchies and level based measures in the BMM layer. • Created time series measures Year ago, Month ago and Year-to-date measures using Ago and To Date functions. • Implemented security by creating users and web groups, checks with LDAP Authentication. • Created Key Performance Indicators(KPI'S) and scorecards for analysis in OBIEE 11g. • Created OBIEE intelligent answers, dashboards and customized dashboard reports using drill-down capabilities and guided navigation links and action links. • Developed several reports and dashboards with different analytical view using global and local filters. • Built data models using Query builders to create purchase order reports using BI Publisher • Configured and scheduled the ibots delivers to alert the associated teams. • Integrated BI Publisher with OBIEE and created different BI Publisher templates using Microsoft Word Plug-in. • Migrated the rpd metadata & web catalog contents to Test & Production environment. • Worked closely with users, developers and administrators to resolve ongoing production problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems and made corresponding changes to the repository (rpd). • Performed Unit, Integration and Regression testing to validate report and mapping functionality.
T-Mobile, Dallas, TX. Mar 2008 -- Jul 2010 OBIEE Developer
• Used the OBIEE 10.1.3.4 Administration tool to develop and enhance meta-data. • Created connection pools, physical tables, defined joins and implemented authorizations in the physical layer of the repository • Configured and Created repository using OBIEE Admin tool. • Worked extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer. • Created numerous executive level reports. 'Dashboards' were generated to provide insight into the sales/marketing/financial data. • Designed Schema/Diagrams using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables. • Created different types of Customized Reports (Drilldown, Aggregation) to meet client requirements. • Built Business model and established relationships & Foreign Keys (Physical & Logical) between tables. • Generated various Analytics Reports like Formulary Report and Direct Sales Report using global and local filters. • Assisted in creation of pivot table request allowing manager to analyze the business from different perspectives provided optimized Analytics request using column selector. • Worked closely with the DBA and ETL Leads for gathering necessary data. • Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance. • Involved in modifications of physical, business and presentation layers of metadata repository. • Identified the aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregates. • Involved in managing appropriate security privileges on subject areas and dashboards according to business requirements. • Developed custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using OBI Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards. • Developed different kinds of Reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters. • Managed day-to-day rpd, Scheduler & iBots. • Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance.
Empire Today, Miami, FL Jan 2007 -- Feb 2008 OBIEE Developer
• Worked closely with the business users and developers to make sure that business requirements are correctly translated into database schemas and ultimately into the application. • Involved in all the OBIEE projects from initial phase to the production release like requirement gathering, design, development, testing and release. • Requirement validation of the reports and drill downs with business users. • Analysis of existing OLTP system and Identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database. • Creation and Customization of the OBIEE Repository (Physical, Business and Presentation layer). • Responsible for creating users and maintaining visibility privileges using Analytics administration on the repository side. • Expert in cache management, Repository migration, data level and object level security in OBIEE Analytics. • Created connection pools, imported physical tables and defined joins in the physical layer of the repository. • Created hierarchies based on the territory level for territorial level sales and contact reports. • Modified Presentation Layer to add presentation tables and columns to meet the business user needs. • Created views and aggregates to improve performance. • Customized reporting with OBIEE Answers and integrated them into the Dashboards. • Generated Reports and Dashboards by using Report features like Pivot tables, charts and view selector. • Created dashboards with global prompts, column selectors, navigation, and automatic drill-down. • Created user level security for intelligence dashboards based on Business Requirement. • Performed Data Validation of data in the reports and dashboards. • Extensively used SQL Tuning to improve performance. • Worked on evaluation of Oracle BI Enterprise Edition and its new utilities including BI Server, Answers, Delivers and Publisher. • Documented the design for intuitive understanding and future reference. • Performed production support for the project.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Siebel Analytics 7.7.1/7.8.5, Oracle Incentive Compensation, Data warehouse application console (DAC) 7.8.5, Informatica PowerCenter7.1.2/7.1.3, Oracle 8.0.x/8.1.5, SQL Server 2000, TOAD, Microsoft Visio.
Edward Jones Investments, AZ Jul 2006 -- Dec 2006 Siebel Analytics Consultant
• Coordinated and presented deliverables to business teams and development teams. • Sourced requirement documents and produced functional specifications. • Presented functional and technical requirements information in-group settings. • Created high-level and detailed design documentation. • Implemented the best practices, which reduced the cycle time and improved profitability for the organization. • Worked closely with the DBA and ETL Leads for gathering necessary data. • Worked extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer. • Configured Repository on the Physical, Business and Presentation levels. • Identified data sources, corresponding Mappings and Logical Joins • Configured tables and columns between Business and Presentation layers. • Worked with development team to create and configure source data. • Generated queries and placed filters in Siebel Answers. • Performed Pre and post implementation testing of Dashboard, Answers and validating Repository.
Lehman Brothers, Jersey City, NJ Nov 2005 -- May 2006 Siebel Analytics Consultant Responsibilities:
• Created connection pools, physical tables, defined joins and implemented authorizations in the physical layer of the repository • Configured and Created repository using Siebel Analytic Admin tool. • Worked extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer. • Created numerous executive level reports. 'Dashboards' were generated to provide insight into the sales/marketing/financial data. • Designed Schema/Diagrams using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables. • Created different types of Customized Reports (Drilldown, Aggregation) to meet client requirements. • Built Business model and established relationships & Foreign Keys (Physical & Logical) between tables. • Created business reports using Siebel Answers as per requirements. • Generated various Analytics Reports like Formulary Report and Direct Sales Report using global and local filters. • Involved in modifications of physical, business and presentation layers of metadata repository using Siebel Analytics Administration Tool. • Identified the aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregates. • Involved in managing appropriate security privileges on subject areas and dashboards according to business requirements. • Developed custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using Seibel Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards. • Developed different kinds of Reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters. • Created proactive agents iBots and interactive Dashboards to alert the Marketing team about business changes. • Managed day-to-day rpd, Scheduler & iBots. • Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements • Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance
Innova Solutions, India Feb 2004 -- Oct 2005 Database Programmer
• Worked as a technical support for a team that involved technical & quality reviews of program codes and PL/SQL blocks for optimization and maintaining standards & guidelines • Developed Database Triggers in order to enforce complicated business logic and integrity constraints, and to enhance data security at database level • Developed Custom forms to view edit the data in custom interface tables and event handling tables using template forms • Completed database architecture including developing stored procedures and functions in order to create shortcuts to frequently repeated tasks • Promoted the new code to production through unit and system testing
Environment: Windows NT Client/Server, Oracle 8i, Developer 2000 (Rel. 2), Forms 4.5, Reports2.5, SQL*Plus, SQL, PL/SQL
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering