Certified General Accountant and SAP Security consultant with 10 years of diverse SAP experience including three years as independent consultant. I am self-motivated, team player, able to work independently, have a strong accounting and internal control background and have strong analytical skill. I have extensive knowledge of SAP Security Authorizations, Profile Generator, GRC, IDM, CUA, BI as well as functional knowledge of many SAP ECC modules. I specialize in SAP Security roles redesign and business guidance in SAP Security risk identification and remediation. I am fluent in French and English.
Alberta Treasury Brach April to September 2011
SAP Security Consultant • Supported the SAP implementation project team with authorization and access. (testing phase, dress rehearsal and Go-Live)
Canexus Ltd May 2008 -- June 2010
SAP Security Analyst - Lead • Design, create and maintain new security roles as required by business for R/3 (ECC6) and Business Intelligence (BI 7.0) • Provide guidance to business regarding impact of segregation of duties concerns for security changes. • Address and rectify all audit issues related to SAP security • Provide training and supervision to the user administrator • Maintain Compliance Calibrator • Implemented SAP Fire Fighter tool • Maintain documentation for all processes related to user assignment and change management related to SAP Access
SAP Security Consultant (independent) July 2006 -- April 2008
Canexus Ltd • Technical team lead for SAP Security role review and redesign following separation from Nexen • Technical lead for SAP Upgrade to ECC6 and BI 7.0 • Developed and implemented new processes related to user administration and security role changes • Provided guidance to business team with the CSOX review and compliance • Supervised and provided training to Canexus Security Analyst • Implemented SAP GRC Compliance Calibrator
KONE Inc • Member of technical team to redesign roles for 10,000 users • Using SAP Profile Generator created single, derived, and composite roles with complex restrictions criteria's • Ensured completed testing by business users, provided go-live support, maintained documentation
Canadian Pacific Railway May 1998 -- June 2006
SAP Senior Specialist -- Human Resources (2006)
• Reviewed, analyzed and proposed recommendations to streamline processes. • Worked with SAP Security team to improve controls and meet SOX requirements. • Chaired SAP/VIP working committee for problem resolution and plan future SAP Time Capture roll out. • Transferred all SAP time records to VIP (Payroll) accurately and in a timely manner. • Updated SAP HR configuration as required. • Provided support for SAP HR module including time entry and reporting.
SAP Specialist -- Asset Accounting, Project System and Controlling (2004)
• Provided support and design expertise for SAP AM, PS and CO module. • Liaison for business departments to ensure that SAP changes reflected business processes while still compliant with regulations. • Supported Business Warehouse users.
SAP Specialist -- Security (2002 -- 2003)
• Proactively monitored segregation of duties promoting a strong controls environment and implemented detailed processes or internal and external audits. • Implemented a new security strategy to address changing requirements. Developed small and functionality focused single roles and composite roles that reflected the “role based concept”. • Developed new security roles to provide end user access to all new SAP components (Real Estate, Travel Manager, Business Warehouse). • Monitored, troubleshoot and processed SAP security access requests.
Accounting Specialist - General Accounting (1998 - 2002)
• Performed month-end procedures to ensure tight financial reporting deadlines were met: Foreign Exchange Revaluation, Project Settlement, Fringes, FI/CO Reconciliation, Overhead, Imputed Costs, etc. • Provided and directed all departments with a detailed month-end schedule. • Analyzed and reported SAP system deficiencies relating to financial accounting. • Coordinated with SAP Sustainment to prepare for SAP upgrade (testing and security roles design). • Maintained accurate documentation of all SAP month-end processes. • Ensured accounting approval of capital projects. • Assisted Business Process Specialists on problems related to Capital Projects. • Implemented documentation and guidelines for projects approval process (accounting rules and SAP process).
SAIT winter 2004
Instructor, CGA Program (2004)
• Financial Accounting III
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT • CGA Designation (2002) I received an award for 2002 Top Ten highest overall exam average in Alberta.
• Université du Québec à Montréal, Bachelor of Commerce, Major Accounting (1997) I received a Grant from l'Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec in April 1997 for the excellence in my marks.