Windows 2003, IIS, Active Directory, Clustering, DNS, DHCP, Sharepoint, SQL Server
US-NJ-Jersey city (will consider relocating)
Certified Microsoft Systems Engineer with expertise in Windows & Web administration Summary • More than 8 years of experience in IT industry with experience in Server administration in various environments - Window 2000 & 2003 with Active Directory Services (AD, DNS, DHCP). • Seven years experience in Web Server Administration -- IIS 5.0 / IIS 6.0 • Four years experience in managing / supporting VMWARE servers (hosts and guests). • Four years experience in content management systems tools like Interwoven and Wansync. • Four years experience in supporting Redhat Linux servers (Apache, MySQL, FTP and Tomcat). • Two years experience in supporting Sun Solaris servers. • One year experience in supporting Citrix Servers. • Hands on experience on monitoring tools like NetIQ, Sitescope, HP SIM and Websense proxy servers, Netscaler load balancers, Legato Networker backup tool, installing and configuring Siteminder web agent and have VB scripting and WMI and batch scripting experience. • Hands on experience on MS Exchange server 2003 and MS SQL server 2005/2008 administration. • Got trained on ITIL and following ITIL(Change management, release management and problem management etc) procedures in the current project. Education Master of Science in Information Technology, 2004, Sikkim Manipal University, INDIA Certifications ? Microsoft Certified System Engineer in Windows 2003 ? CISCO Certificated Network Administrator Work Authorization • H1 B Visa Experience Merrill Lynch 02/2005-Present ______________________________________________________________________ Infrastructure Specialist
The GWMT group at Merrill Lynch is one of the global technology teams supporting the GWM business. The GWM (Global Wealth Management) business provides wealth management advice and services to individuals based on assets available for investing as well as small- and mid-sized businesses. The group also serves individuals through employee retirement plans administered on behalf of corporations
The work undertaken by the GWMT extended teams encompasses all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle though the predominant work (so far) has involved business and technical analysis, development, QA and infrastructure support, with only a limited amount of lights-on maintenance and production support. The employees in the group work on a wide range of technologies spanning Microsoft technologies, Mainframes, Business Intelligence, Network and System Infrastructure and QA domains to support the business. They contribute to and work on strategic projects like CEDP (Client Experience Data Program), WMTP (Wealth Management Technology Platform) Desktop used by GWM Financial Advisors (FAs), Performance Measurement Convergence (PMC) and Unified Managed Account (UMA).
Operations Support: Present Responsibilities
• Windows Server 2000 / 2003 administrations: o Windows 2000 & 2003 Servers deployment and Configuration o Managing Active directory, DNS and DHCP Servers. o Managing HW issues -- Vendor coordination o Anti Virus updates and MS Patches Management . o Active Directory Services -- Managing Users & Other Resource objects. o Managing Cluster Services -- Installation & Administration o Managing file servers (MS Cluster servers) and print servers.
• Web Server Administration/Application support -- IIS 5.0 / IIS 6.0: o Managing IIS 5.0 / IIS 6.0 Web servers and hosted web sites. o Planning and configuring new internal & external websites. o Website content and application release management and creating Virtual directories. o Application support for asp, .NET & java based hosted internal & external websites. - Deploying .Net based Applications and Java based apps on IIS 6.0 - Troubleshooting .Net application issues hosted on the IIS o Creating, deploying, renewing and Import & export of the SSL certificates. o Configuring Site Minder web agents clients for authentication o Coordination with application development teams for issue troubleshooting. o Managing F5 load balancer devices -- Policy configurations for new websites o Working on web server optimization and performance o Provide level 3 support to application issues as per defined SLAs o Work with Developers team very closely to throughout life cycle on engineering application. o Analyzing the log files with AWSTATS and log parser tools. o Replication of content with Site server/ Interwoven/Wansync in the large webfarm. o Creating and troubleshooting FTP sites and managing large FTP web farm.
• Incident & Problem Management: o Managing Production Support Hotline -- Support for asp, .NET & java based applications. o Acting as liaison between the various business groups and IT groups to communicate issues and coordinate resolutions to production issues. o Root cause analysis and fixing the Windows / IIS Web Server Related issues. o Tracking and documenting production support issues o Resolving NetIQ, Team Quest and Site scope generated alerts o Managing Production changes through release process on DEV / IT / QA / PROD o Request For Change -- Production Release process management o Working with HP Proliant, Dell and IBM servers and Blade servers, working with hardware team to add/replace the faulty peripherals, upgrading the firmware software. o Building the servers with Altiris images thru HP rILO. o Deploying package thru CA Unicenter/DSM. o Creating, configuring and troubleshooting scheduled task. o Checking and fixing the permission issues. o Creating the documents and updating the documents of the projects.
• MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Server : o Installation and Configuration o Checking the DB connectivity of MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, NEON and Sybase from web server to DB servers using various tools.
• Share Point Portal Server 2007 o Installation and Configuration o Managing web applications and site collections and managing user groups o Managing and administrating of MOSS 2007.
• VMware Server Administration o Managing Virtual Servers -- Virtual Infra Client & VMware ESXi Server o Troubleshooting the VM machines using Virtual center and VMware Infrastructure client. o Cloning and troubleshooting VM ESX hosts and guest servers. o Creating and deploying templates.
• Good understanding of SAN (Storage Area Network) and have hands on experience with configuring from Windows server end, troubleshooting SAN connectivity issues with EMC Powerpath and Emulex HBAnywhere tools.
• Have good experience in supporting Citrix applications, providing access to applications and publishing the applications.
• Coordination and managing offshore team for Project deliverables.
Notable Accomplishments: • Migration of shared web farm (consists of 150+ in Dev/QA/Prod) from IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0. • Migration of external web farm from IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0. • Windows 2003 Servers migration from Teleport to Savvis data center. • Migration of Job server (task scheduler) from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. • Migration of CMS from Interwoven to Wansync.
Nihar Info Global Ltd, India 03/2004-01/2005 ______________________________________________________________________ System Administrator
Nihar Info Global Ltd, INDIA is a software development company and in the business of providing end to end Information Technology Solutions for any Organization. It is a ISO 9001 : 2000 company established in 1995 to provide IT Application development, e-commerce business support, Application Maintenance, Multimedia and Networking support to companies across the India. Worked as a System administrator and Network administrator on Windows 2k/2k3 and Red hat Linux platforms. Managing Linux co-location server at Net4domain on which Apache, Ftp and MySql were running. Managing of local Windows 2000 Domain controller (Active Directory, IIS, DNS and DHCP) and Red Hat Linux servers (Apache web server, VS-ftp server and MySql). Managing of Exchange 2000 server, SQL server 2000 and Win proxy server.
• Managing Windows 2000 Server Family products with Active Directory Integration. • DNS, WINS, Disk quota management in windows 2000 server. • Managing MS exchange server 5.5 & 2000 - and managing Information store. • Configuring Internet mail service for outgoing SMTP mails on MS exchange server 5.5 • Creating user accounts and mailbox accounts on MS Exchange Server 5.5 & 2000 • Installation of MS Proxy server 2.0 over windows NT 4.0 server. • Installing Internet Information Server 4.0 & 5.0 - Configuring virtual directories and websites • Installation and configuration of Windows NT/2000/2003 Servers. • System Administration with ADS, IIS, FTP and Proxy. • Network Administration with switches, routers and firewalls. • Virus control and prevention. • Managing Oracle, MS SQL servers, Print servers and file servers. • Inventory Management - Capital Equipment / Hardware / Software / Spares • Installing and integrating FTP, PHP and MySql. • Taking backup of MySql Database. • Monitoring and troubleshooting Red Hat 8.0 server and Apache and FTP services.
Jiva Internet Solutions Pvt Ltd, India 12/2003-02/2004 ______________________________________________________________________ System Administrator
JIVA is an outsourcing focused IT consulting and systems integration firm. JIVA is registered with the Software Technology Park of India (STPI ), which entitles JIVA to custom duty waivers on software and high-end hardware imports and many other advantages.Architecture, integration and managing solutions are services that are provided across a wide spectrum of technologies, ranging from e-commerce to embedded systems.Jiva serve clients in US, UK, HK and India for various IT outsourcing needs.
• Building domain controllers and installing Linux server • Configuring Domain security policies, Local security policies • Creating groups, users and assigning share permissions • Administration of WSUS servers and deploying patches. • Analyze system outages, lead root cause investigations and define and implement process improvements and other long-term solutions. • Managing the IIS web server and Apache web servers. • Managing the Linux server (user creation, grant permission, FTP and Apache). • Administration of print servers and file servers. • Installation of Software packages like Web logic, Webshere. • Antivirus software implementation -- McAfee, Symantec Norton, Dr Solomon • MS Exchange Server 5.5 Administration - Configuring Outlook ,Outlook Express, OWA clients • Installing and configuring MS SQL Server & Oracle Servers
Integrated Data Systems Ltd, India 10/2002--12/2003 ______________________________________________________________________ Junior System Administrator
Worked as a junior system administrator on Windows 2000 and Linux environment. Managing client operating systems and taking back up of servers. Maintaining LAN, installing servers, client operating systems and printers & print servers at client places.
• Administration of Windows Domain controller and Linux servers. • Creating users, grant permissions, applying new patches. • Managing of antivirus server and updating DAT. • Installing Windows 2000 domain controllers and installing Linux servers at client places. • Managing the print servers and file servers at client places. • Managing the network at client places. • Configuring the switch and assigning the IP to PCs on the network.
Jahnavi College of IT, India 05/2001 -- 11/2002 _____________________________________________________________ Junior System Administrator
Worked as a junior system administrator on Windows 2000 environment. Installing and configuring servers, client operating systems and various applications, programming languages like C++, Java, Oracle 8i/7.3, Visual Basic, Forms and crystal reports in the lab. Maintaining LAN, printers and helping senior administrator.
• Creating users, grant permissions. • Managing file server and printers. • Creating profiles and configuring the group policies. • Installation of software and programming languages. • Managing the MS SQL server and Oracle server. • Managing the Red hat Linux and Sun Solaris servers. • Administration of print servers and file servers. • Maintaining the LAN and sharing the Internet through proxy servers.
Technical Skills Hardware HP Proliant and Blade servers. Dell Servers. Cisco routers and switches. D-link hubs/ switches. Intel based servers and desktops such as IBM, Compaq and HP. Compaq (Proliant 350/400/6000), IBM (Infinity 5000). Operating Systems Windows 2000/2003 servers, Windows 95/98/2000/XP Red hat Linux 7.x, 8.0, 9.0, Fedora and Sun Solaris Network Install, Configure and troubleshoot LANs. Designing and Implementing TCP/IP Networks. Administering and Troubleshooting LAN Network. Internet Microsoft IIS 5.0 & 6.0, Apache Web Server. Web Related Scripting Language: HTML, XML, Java Script Web Servers: IIS 5.0 /6.0(Windows), Apache (Windows & Linux), Tomcat (Windows & Linux) FTP Servers: VS FTP, WU-FTP. Tools & Utilities Site scope monitoring utility, Remote Desktop McAfee Antivirus and Norton. Internet Explorer 5.0 and 6.0 & Netscape 4.7. VNC and Radmin remote administration tool. Win proxy 3.0, Putty, Terminal services, MS Outlook 2000/2003, MS Outlook Express, IE 5.0/6.0,Netscape 4.7, Mozilla, Cute FTP. Ms office 2003 (Excel, word, access and PowerPoint).