IT Consulting Operations, Business Development, Contract Management, Human Resources, Supplier Mgmt, Delivery Manager
US-AR-Little Rock (will consider relocating)
Summary Creative and service driven business leader with strong communication and people skills, and a reputation for setting the standards for quality in service. Twenty-four years experience in relationship development with corporate leaders to deliver business value.
Professional Experience May 1998 -- Present Object Computing, Inc. (OCI) General Manager Director of Operations
OCI is an OO software engineering company that provides consulting, training and open source middleware solutions to clients across the U.S. and around the globe.
* Partnered with C level management, VP's and PMO leaders to understand their objectives and offer partnering solutions. * Developed 75% of our current base of business representing $10-12 million in annual revenue. * Achieved 98% client retention over an 11 year period. * Recruited and hired 70% of our billable employees. * Maintained strong employee relationships with overall 93% average yearly staff retention. * Determined bill rates and negotiated starting salaries. * Authored the online employee handbook and underlying policies. * Created the business case to start a separate company dedicated to Information Technology staffing - Advantage Consulting, Inc. * Secured Advantage as a preferred supplier at Anheuser-Busch, bioMerieux, BJC Healthcare, Boeing CDG, Elsevier-Reed, Express Scripts, Federal Reserve Bank, Keefe Commissary Network and National Information Solutions, Inc. over 5 years. * Developed proposals, delivered presentations and influenced decision makers. * Started the Phoenix, AZ office in 1999. * Sole sales person and recruiter for in-the-field consulting services for first 4 years.
1997 American Recreation Products and Spectrum Healthcare
A year of transition as I joined American Recreation Products as their IT Director. Shortly thereafter ARP outsourced IT to EDS. I then joined Spectrum Healthcare. While at Spectrum I developed an RFP and supplier selection matrix for an enterprise desktop refresh strategy involving over 3,000 workstations dispersed among 27 states. Later moved to OCI as Spectrum began selling off lines of business.
1995-1996 SoftPro Technical Education, Inc. Owner
* Sponsored technical seminars and training events for IT executives and software engineering professionals.
1993 -- 1995 Programming & Systems Consultants Director of Operations
* Managed the recruiting function, oversaw operations and sold services to major corporations. * Developed a strong recruiting team that covered a broad range of information technology roles with an emphasis in client-server and object oriented programming. * Determined bill rates and starting salaries. * Managed 65 external consultants, coordinated reassignments, performed annual reviews and determined salary increases and bonuses. * Maintained contact with clients to ensure satisfaction with the quality of services delivered by account managers and consultants. Clients included Anheuser-Busch, Monsanto, MasterCard and others. * Conceived and led the development of a unique client-server training course, enlisted the support of Microsoft, and sold the course to multiple corporations.
1987 -- 1992 Arbor Consulting Resources, Inc. General Manager
* Solely responsible for selling IT consulting services while recruiting, managing operations, and handling client and employee contracts. * Grew the company from 8 to 56 billable consultants. * Established Arbor as a preferred vendor at Monsanto and Southwestern Bell. * Determined consulting bill rates, starting salaries, pay increases and conducted annual employee performance reviews. * Project Management Consultant at Anheuser-Busch responsible for prototyping a real-time change order capability between the order entry and warehouse/inventory systems. The middleware developed was an application program interface (API) that facilitated real-time transaction processing between disparate systems.
1987 -- 1987 NASDAQ, Inc. Assistant Director, Network Services
* Directed the activities of the Network Services, Subscriber Installations and Inventory Control departments supporting over 3,000 NASDAQ workstations. * Drafted and managed an operating budget of $16,000,000 and a capital budget of $2,000,000.
1985 -- 1987 MCI Telecommunications Corporation Manager, NE Division Operations Systems
* Managed a 24x7 data center supporting long distance circuit engineering and the adjunct processing of call history data for the state of New York and all of New England. * Designed a new data center and oversaw its construction which included a halon fire extinguishing system, sealed battery and motor generator backup systems, conditioned power and a grid grounding systems. * Drafted and administered a $2,000,000 operating expense budget and a $1.5 million capital expense budget.
Education Associate Degree in Liberal Arts, The University of the State of New York, Albany, NY 1985.