PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY • Systems Engineer with 16 years of experience. • Very familiar with Microsoft Server and Workstation administration technologies and many of the inherit barriers with supporting a global environment. • Involved in creating application packaging using Wise along with SCCM and AIK. • Along with initial project management and maintenance, it is the responsibility of me and my team to evaluate, design, build, and test desktop, laptop and server images globally and deploy these images using Ghost, WDS, SCCM and other deployment mechanisms, while maintaining documentation for all processes. • Lead support engineer specializing in all aspects of Active Directory design, implementation and administration. • Created VB and batch command scripts to enhance the management of the network or provide information. • HyperV installation, configuration and analysis, WDS creation, WSUS patch management, application packaging with LANDesk and Wise, software delivery using Group Policy and SCCM. • Responsible for VM management using SCVMM, and monitoring of environments using SCOM. • Provided VMware 3.5 and 4.0 (VSphere) support • Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE Certifications: MCSE 2003, 2000; MCSE NT4.0; MCP+Internet; Citrix Certified Administrator; Compaq ASE and Platform Integrator, A+ Certified Technician; Hewlett Packard, Compaq, and IBM certified for servers and desktop systems; and Hughes Satellite System. Operating Systems: DOS; Windows 3.XX, 95, 98; Windows NT, 2000, 2003 XP; and UNIX. Software: Microsoft Office; Citrix; SQL; SMS; MS Project, Adobe Acrobat; Visio; MS Exchange; and IIS. Installation: Cat 5 and 6 wiring, wiring closets and patch boxes; coax; Hughes Satellite Systems and related peripherals; IBM P.O.S; Norstar Telecommunications systems; Ademco Security systems; debit and credit card systems; and AS400.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Mastech Consulting - Accenture September 2011 to April 2012 St. Charles, IL IT Support and Information Technology Engineer
• Daily responsibilities are providing tier 1 through tier 3 technical support for client training sessions. • This includes course development, setup, session support, and maintenance. • Along with initial project management and maintenance, it is the responsibility of me and my team to evaluate, design, build, and test desktop, laptop and server images globally and deploy these images using Ghost, WDS, SCCM and other deployment mechanisms, while maintaining documentation for all processes. • Involved in creating application packaging using Wise along with SCCM and AIK. • Spearheaded cloud based technology delivery mechanisms using Virtual Machines (vmdk and vhd) to deploy existing and newly created images for remote access self paced and on demand training.
Neoteric Computer Consulting Services January 2010 to September 2011 Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator
• Lead support engineer specializing in all aspects of Active Directory design, implementation and administration. • HyperV installation, configuration and analysis, WDS creation, WSUS patch management, application packaging with LANDesk and Wise, software delivery using Group Policy and SCCM. • Responsible for VM management using SCVMM, and monitoring of environments using SCOM. • Performed threat management using Forefront technologies Endpoint Protection. • Responsible for VMware 3.5 and 4.0 (VSphere) support. As a primary lead consultant, was also responsible for purchasing and installing hardware for various environments, providing recommendations for future projects and providing day to day administration of systems in an organization.
Vizioncore February 2009 to December 2009 Buffalo Grove, IL Software Support Engineer
• Support engineer for VMware 3.5 implementations and Vizioncore add-on products vRanger Pro (backup), vReplicator (DR and VM replication to another site), vConverter (P2V), vControl (system monitoring) and others. • Provided client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium. • Performed occasional on-site installation of VMware and add-on products, VM's and optimization of client environment. • Assisted and suggested methods of installation of applications and operating systems including Windows 2003, Linux, Solaris and Ubuntu. • Provided best practice backup solutions for clients and resolved issues with communication to disaster recovery sites. • Provided assistance with P2Vand V2V conversions in large and small scale environments. Provided assistance with configuring and utilizing de-duplication appliances.
CNI March 2008 to December 2008 North Chicago, IL Senior Systems Administrator
• Daily responsibilities as an Enterprise Admin are central management of the Active Directory, managing all servers, clusters, SAN, Web Servers (IIS) and daily support activities. • Global rollouts of all servers and workstations, backups, server STIGS, patching, antivirus management, IIS analysis, local intrusion protection, Blackberry server and PDA management and installation, server monitoring using CA Unicenter, Whats Up Gold MOM and IBM Director, in a smart card enforced environment which includes 165 remote locations. • Created VB and batch command scripts to enhance the management of the network or provide information. • Applicable functional areas include: systems engineering, acquisition management, Package management, business process, quality assurance, organizational planning, team project management, financial management, acquisition logistics, configuration and data information systems, and support or program management. • The environment currently has over 1900 servers and approximately 9400 hosts for the United States Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) a division of the Department of Defense.
Strategic Staffing April 2007 to March 2008 Deer Park, IL. Senior Systems Administrator/Lead Engineer
• Responsible for a team of network engineers involved in the migration of a division of Motorola in a recent acquisition by Continental Tire. • Migration of all data from previous AD to new AD environment, application package management, and SMS administration. • Responsible for the migration of all servers, SAN, IIS servers, infrastructure and desktop systems to systems to new environment, enforcement of new AD policies and security, integration of new applications including the implementation of SUSE Linux firewalls and proxy servers. • This process included designing the migration process, purchasing and implementing any new equipment necessary for the migration, interacting with existing personnel in an effort to ensure user confidence in new processes, providing training of these processes and performing the migration, and monitoring the resultant environment using LANDESK and Systems Insight Manager. • Migration involved over 2000 hosts, in a 1000 user community, in a highly technical environment of automotive engineers, highly specialized test equipment, automotive sensors analysis, and simulation modules. • Highly proficient enterprise admin with experience in managing large multi-site Windows environments.
Harris Bank February 2006 to February 2007 Chicago, IL Senior Systems Engineer
• Worked with a team of systems engineers in the rollout of standard image in an enterprise banking environment. • Active Directory support on Windows Server 2003, analysis of applications, creation of test environment scenarios and solutions, and shakedown of resultant program and application changes. Maintaining enterprise inventory database and providing information via SQL query is also part of my responsibility. • Responsible for managing ON Command CCM Altiris deployment and software packaging tools in the 2 test environments for which I was involved. • The test environments are a combination of VMWare Server virtualization technology (Windows 2003 instances) and actual workstations. Responsible for the EVA/SAN used in the development environment.
ABN-AMRO January 2004 to June 2005 Chicago, IL Systems Analyst III
• Responsible for installing and maintaining server environment at ABN-AMRO data centers (3) and over 900 Windows 2003 servers, including application support, Compaq EVA/SAN storage exposure, design, and building new technology implementations for fortune 500 organization. • Servers were managed through Tivoli and Systems Insight Manager. • Familiar with ITIL service management procedures for service support and service delivery. • Engineered solution for custom in-house online banking application needing to be upgraded to Windows Server 2003. • Worked closely with bank application owners to design a solid scripted install using Altiris RDP rollout solution ultimately decreasing the company's online banking response time. Designed, configured and implemented Insight Manager Environment for the support group.
Sourcelink/Infini January 2003 to January 2004 Elk Grove Village, IL Senior Systems Administrator
• Responsible for all aspects of Information Technology for Infini (a direct mail marketing company), including creation of security standards, cluster server design and installation, disaster recovery plans, backup scenarios, equipment sizing and purchase, server administration, and desktop maintenance. • Highly competent experience in designing and implementing all aspects of Microsoft server platforms and products including SQL 2000, ISA, Exchange and IIS. • Responsible for all high level product implementation, information technology design, vendor management, and installation. • Designed and implemented Exchange 2000 multi-organization messaging system and branded a single DNS naming convention. • Designed Active Directory infrastructure for 11 individual organizations with existing Active directory structures into a single organization.
Netlojix Communications October 1998 to January 2003 Arlington Heights, IL Networking Consultant Administrator
• Lead MCSE responsible for all elements of Microsoft product implementation, with a specialty in network security. • Responsibilities include installation and upgrade of MS BackOffice solutions, including Exchange 2000 and 5.5, SQL 7.0, ISA, Proxy, and SMS 2.0 networking solutions; Installing and configuring Internet security appliances, including SonicWALL; • Highly familiar with IPSec policies and implementation of advanced security principals necessary to secure network connectivity. • Configuration and management of DNS and host related resolution structures; and Design, install and configure Citrix ICA and Terminal Server RDP remote access solutions in NT, Novell, Unix, and MAC based environments for organizations with thousands of users. • Installed and supported SMS 2.0 in conjunction with Compaq Insight Manager and SNMP services for many organizations, for gathering a more effective view of their networks. Coupled with SQL, the result was faster repair response, better reporting and less downtime for critical servers.
Walgreen Company June 1996 to September 1998 Mount Prospect, IL Technical Advisor
• Supervised the training and technical support of over 200 field technicians. Reviewed, recommended, tested, and implemented NT solutions in over 1800 of Walgreen's drug stores nationwide. • Streamlined the technical support process for the field offices with Metaframe and CE devices, and improved the in-store recovery procedures. • Directed remote staff in preparedness thereby reducing service calls, and response time. • Developed, tested and implemented new cloning procedures for NT Workstation deployment enabling technicians to respond faster to in-store disaster recovery. The result was a 24-hour reduction in repair facility to store response time. • Developed, authored and taught training courses focused on changes in troubleshooting protocol. The result was better-trained technicians knowledgeable in using the corporate Intranet and FTP as troubleshooting tools.
EDUCATION • Devry Institute of Technology: Electronic Engineering Program, 1984 Chicago, Illinois
MCSE 2003, 2000; MCSE NT4.0; MCP+Internet; Citrix Certified Administrator; Compaq ASE and Platform Integrator, A+ Certified Technician; Hewlett Packard, Compaq, and IBM certified for servers and desktop systems; and Hughes Satellite System.