Qualifications • Extensive experience training and supporting and-users. • Experience developing and editing technical documents for end-users. • 20 years experience designing, developing, implementing, and supporting software and hardware solutions. • 20 years experience working with Informix, utilizing primarily Informix 4GL. • Experience in all aspects of providing technical solutions, including technical duties as well as leadership roles directing efforts at project and department levels. • Experience partnering with end-users to develop innovative solutions.
• Harps Food Stores, Inc. Springdale,AR Director of Information Systems 04/18/2005 - Present
Director of Information systems oversees all functions of Harps Information Systems Department. This involves leading a group of developers and technical specialists responsible for development and support of all systems at Harps Home Office and Harps Distribution Center. Home Office systems include accounts payable, accounts receivable, human resources, payroll, general ledger, and price hosting. Warehouse systems include inventory control, order entry, and purchasing. Also responsible for inventory-control and ordering software utilized in Harps stores, as well as internal web-site and reporting applications. Director of IS duties also include setting direction for Harps' strategic use of technology in all areas and for representing, and negotiating on behalf of Harps with third-party software providers and consultants. • Oversaw development of store ordering system replacing third party software. This project saves Harps a significant amount of money each year while providing far greater functionality, support, and responsiveness to end-users. • Responsible for development and implementation of cigarette and tobacco perpetual inventory system, which optimizes inventory levels at Harps stores, simultaneously reducing on-hand inventory and out-of-stocks. • Replaced several hundred paper reports with on-line reporting system. • Have overseen rapid growth and influence of Information Systems department from supporting solely warehouse and accounting functions to now include responsibilities for developing and supporting solutions for stores and all office personnel.
• Harps Food Stores, Inc. Springdale, AR Manager of Information Systems 4/18/2002 to 4/17/2005
• Responsible for all new software development during this time. • Led development of computer-assisted ordering system to aid Harps stores in creating accurate weekly warehouse orders. • Led migration from NCR Unix platform to Red Hat Linux. Project dramatically improved software performance while preserving our investment in application software.
• Harps Food Stores, Inc. Springdale, AR Computer Programmer/Analyst 4/18/1994 TO 4/17/2002
• Played key role in migration of Harps home office and warehouse systems from IBM System 36 to NCR Unix and Informix platform. Project involved new development and extensive modifications to almost 1000 Informix-4GL programs. • Responsible for installing and supporting 100 personal computers and printers at Home Office and Warehouse. • Responsible for Harps LAN and email system.
• Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR Computer Programmer 04/06/1992 to 04/15/2002
• Developed applications utilizing C programming language and Informix database for use in Wal-Mart distribution centers. • Developed data transfer system for communications between Informix and non-Informix databases. System was flexible enough to be utilized outside original intent in warehouse system.
Education Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas, 1989, Honors Graduate
Technical Expertise • Systems: Red Hat Linux, NCR Unix, SCO Unix, Windows
• Languages: Informix 4GL, C, Microsoft Visual Basic, Unix/Linux shell, VB.NET, XHTML, PHP, Java • Databases: Informix, Microsoft SQL, MYSQL
• Software: MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe, SnagIt
• 19 years experience with technical writing and end-user training
Professional Affiliations • International Informix Users Group • Arkansas Academy of Industrial Engineers References Reference available upon request