To secure a rewarding position where my years of diverse experience in IT Management, System Administration, Network Adm
US-NY-Elmont (will consider relocating)
Permanent work Authorization. No Visa Sponsorship Required
To secure a rewarding position where my years of diverse experience in IT Management, System Administration, Network Administration and Software Supportwill be of value to daily operations and to corporate objectives. Key Skills: * Windows Admin. * Project Management * Database Admin. * Network Admin. * Core Banking Systems * Troubleshooting & Help Desk * Vendor Negotiation * Desktop O.S & Applications * Servers, PCs, Printers
Executive Director &Head of IT United Bank of Albania April 1999 - May 2010 Head of IT Delegated fm. Shamil Bank of Bahrain June 1995 - Mar 1999
Reporting to the CEO and a member of Management and Steering Committees.
United Bank of Albania (UBA) is a commercial bank that provides various professional banking services to individuals, companies and organizations. UBA has 6 branches located in different cities in Albania and more than 70 staff members.
Technical Experience: * Streamlined technology processes to increase productivity and support business goals * Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system * Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. * Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade operating systems * Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use * Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software * Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions * Administrate Windows Servers, Active Directory and Exchange Servers * Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties * Administrate Microsoft SQL2000, 2005 database server running on active - passive cluster * Document system problems and resolutions for future reference * Oversee network security and configureSymantec Backup Exec, Symantec Enterprise Antivirusand firewalls * Support Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, software deployment, upgrades and patches * Serve as liaison between business unitsandtechnologyvendors & service providers Projects:
* (2008-2010) managed the project of acquiring new efficient and high performance core banking system. Saved more than $ 600k of the overall project budget. Supervised the different phases of the project, starting by Budgeting, Vendor selection, Customization, implementation, training and data migration. * Supervised and Participated in the development of the core banking system using VB, Microsoft SQL and Crystal reports. The developed system served as the IT backbone for all the banking operations for the period 1997-May 2010, resulting in excess of $3 million of savings. * Served as project manager for connecting the bank to S.W.I.F.T. Ensured all the hardware, communication, software and contingency requirements are installed properly. * Played the lead role in negotiating supplier contracts aggressively across all areas: telecommunications, software, hardware, SWIFT, REUTERS and core banking system, slashing running expenses substantially.
* Development of effective long-term and short-term strategies and transfer them to IT plans and projects * Design and supervise the IT budgeting and purchase regulations * Provide software training on an individual and small group basis for all the projects * Design IT-policies & procedures, present them to the Board of Directors for approval
* Administration of S.W.I.F.T, London 2000 * Operating of S.W.I.F.T, London 2001 * Administration of Pub2000 Core Banking System, Macedonia 2009 * Operating of PUB 2000 Core Banking System, Tirana 2010
Cairo University - Egypt Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
* Extensive experience providing exceptional information technology support to a wide range of end users * Capable of streamlining IT operations with the goal of increasing efficiency, reducing overall expenses, and boosting profitability * Possess a thorough knowledge of modern networking practices and procedures * Able to multi-task and work effectively with a large volume of information * Highly organized and capable of prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines * Motivated, attentive, and willing to learn. * Amiable and productive in team environments. * Fluent in English and Arabic
* Microsoft Windows Servers * Crystal Reports * Microsoft DCHP/DNS/RRAS/WSUS * Norton Ghost * Microsoft Clustering Technology * Norton Enterprise Antivirus Server * Microsoft ISA Server * Symantec Backup Exec * Microsoft SQL Server * Microsoft Configuration Manager * VMware workstation * VMware ESX server as self-study * Microsoft Visual Basic * Hubs/Switches/Routers/Firewalls * Microsoft Virtual PC * Servers/PCs/NAS/RAID * Microsoft Office * Printers/Peripherals/Accessories * Remote Administration * Core Banking System * Unix basics, easy to use Linux * Security Systems * SWIFT Servers