OBJECTIVE Database Subject Matter Expert -- Technical Lead -- HA/MA/12c/RAC/R12.2 -- I am also a DB2, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and Sybase Expert -- Oracle OVM and VMWARE Expert,TimesTen In-Memory Epert
Oracle Certified RAC, Goldengate, OVM, OCM, PMP, Exadata, SQL server 2000,VMWARE 6 PERSONNEL SUMMARY BS, MS, MBA, DBA Candidate, Navy Veteran, Active Secret Clearance
Technology Overview Oracle Database -- 24 years Version 4i through 12c Sybase -- 24 yrs, SQLServer -- 20 yrs, UDB -- 20 yrs, Mysql -- 10 yrs Exadata, Exalogic -- 3 yrs -- Exadata Certified RAC, Data Guard, Goldengate -- 15 years since OPS Virtualization -- Oracle OVM -- 5 years, VMWARE -- 10 years OBIEE, SOA, Fusion -- 6 years Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache -- 14 years Erwin, PowerDesigner, Silverrun, Oracle Designer, OWB Oracle Audit and Database Vault, Advanced Security, Label Security OAM, OBIEE,OID, OVD, SSO, AIA -- 8 yrs Unix Admin -- AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Linux, Windows Hyperion, FDQM, ODI, Essbase -- 5 yrs EXPERIENCE
05/01/2014 -- 03/31/2015 Oracle SME (Contract) Air Force, Lexington, MA
• Oracle subject matter expert and technical lead for U.S Airforce. HA/MAA Oracle RAC, Exadata, Exalytics, OBIEE, OAM, ODI, SOA, Fusion, Weblogic • Update existing 10.2 and 11.2 databases to 12c RAC • Setup TimesTen 11.2 Application-Tier and Database Tier, integrated with OEM 12c • Perform tuning, maintenance and support of Solaris 11 RAC • Migrated AIX 6.1 to Linxu 6.5 -- all databases and application servers • Maintained existing Oracle Portal 10ias System -- patches and tuning • Provided all tuning for Postgres databases • Setup Vcenter 6 and Vsphere -- configured all guests --setup Nagios monitoring • Upgrade existing 11.5.10.CU2 to R12.2 • Development of Interfaces to EBS 12.2 using JAVA/ADF • Support SAP ERP 7.0, business objects, SQR, Sybase , Tuning • Solaris 11.2 Operating system support and expertise -- zones, OVM, patching, performance tuning • Install and configure OVM 3.3.1 on Linux and Solaris -- setup all Oracle products, tune, setup SAN, network VLAN
11/01/2012 -- 04/01/2014 Database Architect Technical Lead (Contract)
Boars Head, Sarasota FL
• Migrate EBS R12.1.3 to 12.2 -- Migrate Single Instance to RAC, Setup PCP, Configure Active Data Guard - Goldengate replication to a reporting system. Configure Network optimization for propagation, compression , broker, integration with Enterprise Manager. Upgrade Oracle 18.104.22.168 EBS Database to 12.1 • WebLogic performance tuning and upgrade to 12c and 11g • Postgres Subject matter expert --maintain 8.1 and 8.2 systems • Upgrade Portal 10ias to 11g. • Installed and Configured TimesTen Database 11.1 • Upgrade Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.2.0.2 to 11 • Linux and Solaris OVM configuration and integration with 12c grid control • Migrate EBS to Exadata/Exalogic -- Apps tier and database -- configuration, administration and tuning • Used Data Guard for switchover to new Hardware • Upgrade 10g to 11g and capture stats using Real Application Testing • Install and Configure Oracle Content UCM system for integration of business documents with Oracle 12.1.3. Maintain UCM and ContentDB for best practices and tuning. • Performance tuning expert for all Oracle Application and Database Products. • Team lead for 5 DBA's and 3 System Administrators. Provide tasks and performance reviews. • Install and Configure OBIEE 11g with PowerCenter and DAC • Install Audit Vault to secure sensitive customer and financial data • Installation and configuration of Oracle OVM 3.2 on Linux and Solaris. Installed hypervisor, configured vlan, SAN storage, HA/MAA -- failover and RAC. Setup monitoring with Grid Control. • Upgrade Grid Control from 11g to 12c -- Configuration ops plugins, setup monitoring, configure Oracle VM 3.2 -- Tuning and Installation of 6 physical server OVM 3.2 environment. 2 for DEV, 2 for TST and 2 for PRD, server pools, vlan, powerpath • Migrate 11g to 12c Database, Upgrade 11,2 Rac to 12c RAC -- Configure Containers, Implement Audit Vault and new database security features • Upgrade Weblogic to 12c -- Configure WLS Cluster, deploy Code, Maintain performance and best practices, monitor in Grid 12c • Migrate AIX, Solaris EBS to Exadata full rack and Exalogic • Provide SOX and HIPAA regulation expertise to make sure environment is compliant with FDA regulations • Configure and Tune Oracle EPM, Agile 9.2 and Hyperion 11.1.3 on Windows and Linux. • Setup OID, OAM, Fusion Applications 11.1.6 on HA Linux Environment • Assist in migration of several systems to Exadata and Exalogic -- setup ASM, RAC, Cell Servers
03/10/2012 -- 10/31/12 Database Technical Lead (Contract)
BAE Systems, Hudson, NH
• Database Technical Lead for Oracle 11i, R12, RAC, OVM, OBIEE -- Multinational upgrade to 12.1.3 -- 3 node rac -- 3 application tiers, Advanced Supply Chain configuration and Setup • Support DB2 10.5 on Linux and AIX systems -- write stored procedures, tune the database • Install and Configure Oracle Fusion Applications 11.1.5 on Exalogic/Exadata -- setup and maintain system and configurations • Upgrade OBIEE 10g to 11g, migrate system from Aix to Linux. Setup monitoring and HA architecture. • Configure Security modules for Peoplesoft and integrate with OAM • Team Lead for 7 DBA's and 5 System Administrators • Install and Configure OAM/SSO and integrate with R12 • Maintain existing Portal 10gias system • Migration from AIX to Linux of Oracle Technology stack • AIX Administrator for 6 node LPAR RAC -- AIX 6.1 • Postgres Database Expert -- Maintain Version 7 systems • Upgrade 10g to 11g and capture stats using Real Application Testing • HA/MAA Subject Expert -- upgrading and configuring 11.2.03 RAC across multiple nodes -- OS tuning, NAS, ISCSI, SAN • Provide SOX and HIPAA compliance requirements for Oracle Stack and Database Tier • Subject Matter Expert on all issues related to the Oracle Technical Stack • Install and Integrate OBIEE 11g and configure DAC and Informatica PowerCenter against Oracle R12 application on Exadata X2 and X3 and Exalogic. • Configure Real Application Testing for upgrades and migrations -- to test tuning plans • Install and Configure OID, OAM, OIM on Linux and AIX. HA/MAA setup • Installed Oracle VM 3.1 in a HA environment for development and testing. Migrated existing Vmware systems to Oracle OVM. • Setup Exadata for best practices and performance • Configure and Upgrade Oracle EPM, Agile,Hyperion 11.1.2, SOA 10g to 11g AIX • Database Architect for ERP integration and OBIEE -- Erwin modeling • HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, Windows, Linux Migration Expert • Setup Active Data Guard for OBIEE environment
04/10/2011 -- 3/1/2012 Database Technical Lead (Contract)
Pepsi Co, White Plains, NY
• Lead DBA/Architect for Upgrade from 11.5.10 to Implementation of Oracle R12.1.3. with migration from AIX to Linux hardware, ASCP Setup and configuration • Technical Lead/ BW SAP Implementation/DB2 9.0 (SAP 4.6 B and C and BW 2.1 and 3.0) -- Install Oracle RAC 11.2 Linux • Developed and maintained relations with the client contra-partner to insure satisfaction in solving technical issues of this SAP, BW and SEM -- BCS implementation • Project Management of DBA's and developers for all migrations for a reimplementation of Oracle R12 -- document environment and the upgrade process with appropriate cutover strategies • Integrate Database Vault and Advanced Security for Pepsi ERP R12 • Configured OAM integration with R12 -- previously had setup 11i OID, OIM/AD SSO integration, but client decided to move to OAM, configure SOX compliance • Migrate and Upgrade SOA 10 to 11 -- AIX to Linux • Performance engineer hired to reduce downtime window for Oracle Upgrade • Installed and configure Oracle OVM 3.1 on Linux, setup OVM from ground up, configured OVM guests and installed and configured HA and live migration. • Upgrade SOA, OAM and OBIEE from 10g to 11g on HA environment • Database Architect for maintain object model • Configure Active Data Guard to be used with new Oracle R12.1.3, 22.214.171.124 database for reporting.
5/10/2010 -- 4/10/2011 Database Technical Project Lead (Contract)
Boars Head, Sarasota, FL
• DBA Lead Architect for HA/MAA Upgrade from 11.5.10 to Implementation of Oracle R12.1.3. System consists of 5 application servers and a 6 node 11gr2 RAC Database. There is also a DR Site in NYC that I architected. Smart-Card DOD Authentication and encryption. • Configured Active Data Guard to be used in the OBIEE and Oracle R12 environment for active standby and reporting database. Setup switchover, data guard broker, and all scripts to monitor failover on Exadata V2 • Support and maintain existing Sqlserver 2005, 2008, 2010 databases -- upgrade, tune, backup • Configured Advanced Security and Audit Vault for SOX Compliance and Governance (10.3 Server) • OBIEE 10g to 11g HA upgrade -- setup Informatica and DAC
2/2005 -- 05/01/2010 Database Technical Architect Lead (Contract)
Oracle Corporation, Boston MA
Morgan Stanley, New York, NY
• Migrate existing 3 Node RAC environments from JP-UX to Solars using Goldengate. Upgrade from 10.2 to 11gr2. • Upgrade DB2 from version 7 to version 8 • Setup Oracle VM 2.2 and 3.0 environments for Development and Production. Installed Oracle VM manager, setup and configured all VM Server hosts and VM Server guests. Managed VM's using VM Manager and OEM Grid 12c. Production was initialized using OEM 12c Virtual Pack. Setup RAC, SOA, OBIEE, Agile PLM, VUE across multiple systems. Setup management of Virtual Environment with OEM Grid 12c. Upgrade 2.2 to Oracle VM 3.3 -- configured all Monitoring via Grid Control and VM Manager. • Implement Siebel CRM Sales 8.2 on Linux. • Exadata Certification and Shadowing • Setup Grid Control for Monitoring Exadata X2 • Configure 11.2 ASM with Veritas Cluster Server and SFRAC • Maintain SQLServer 2008 environment -- stored procedures, tuning, replication • Database and Audit Vault -- Advanced Security per Government DOD requirements • Setup and Configure Exadata V2 cluster with Goldengate replication. Exadata maintenance and best practices • Support Sybase AS15 -- migrate to Oracle 11g • Provide policy and deployment design, implementation for authorization model using Oracle Entitlement Server (OES) as part of their current system "ARROW" migration initiative. Responsibilities: • Proof of Concept for meeting the expected performance requirements of client for the proposed Design strategy. • Analysis of requirements and suggest the OES APIs and custom API which will be used to fulfill all the requirements of current system.
Sesac, Nashville, TN
• Installed Oracle VM Manager 2.2 and 3.0.2, installed VM Servers, configured networking and SAN Storage, setup multi-pathing. Installed HA availability with Server Pools to enable failover and live migration. Setup Oracle OEM Grid 11g to monitor and provision VM servers. Setup backup and recovery and all performance tuning. Upgraded VM 2.2 to 3.0 • Setup OBIEE 11g for HA/MAA -- configured integration with R12, Informatic and DAC • Setup Grid Control for Monitoring Exadata X2
Urban Outfitters, Philadelphia, PA
• Setup 10 Node Oracle 11gr2 RAC Cluster on Linux, setup SAN, Switches, Operating System, Migrated existing databases, performance tuning, setup Oracle Grid for Databases, provisioning, application management and alerts. • Oracle Access Manager Setup and configuring with OID,OVD, SSO, SOA, BAM and Oracle R12 Ebusiness • Install and configure DB2 9 and control center
PSCU Financials, St Petersburg, Florida
• Migrated existing Oracle Databases (8i,9i,10g, 11g) and Application Servers (Oracle OAS 9, Portal 10g and Oracle AS10g, forms and reports) to Oracle 11gr2 and Redhat Linux 5.6. Installed and configured clustered operating system, configured grid, setup rac instances, migrated application code and system utilities from Solaris 8 to Linux.
• Setup Oracle 11gr2 Grid, Migrated all instances to RAC 11gr2 and ASM. Setup GoldenGate for replication for a HA Solution. Upgrade all 10g databases to 126.96.36.199 Storage setup was Netapp FAS6200 NAS storage. Setup all optimization for databaseand NFS.
• Installed Oracle 11g on Exadata X2 -- provided performance tuning and optimization
Business Transformation Agency -- U.S. Navy, Washington, DC
• Database Lead for DOD application for US Navy -- setup OBIEE, Oracle R12, SOA, SSO -- perform all security STIG for all tiers. Active DOD Clearance. Installed Oracle R12 -- 4 node Rac, configured SOA Cluster, Web Logic Cluster, SSO and OID. Provide all performance and monitoring using Oracle 11g Grid on Exadata X2-8. Setup OVD for LDAP access and authentication. Supply Chain and Advanced Pricing. • Setup Data Guard and Goldengate for high-availability and replication. Architected the Goldengate based HA solution, also installed in configured Active Data Guard in a Stretch Cluster environment using EMC SRDF. • Deploy OAM webgates to target application servers • Integrate OAM with OHS in DMZ • Configure CAC authentication for EBS authentication and laptop security
Time Warner Corporation -- Charlotte, NC
• Migrated Oracle E-Business 11.0.3 from Solaris to Linux. Existing system consisted of 2 application servers and 8i database. Used Oracle apps migration techniques to migrate code from Solaris to Linux, Installed fresh Oracle 10g binaries and migrated database using export and import process. Documented all procedures. • Technical Lead/ BW SAP Implementation (SAP 4.6 B and C and BW 2.1 and 3.0) -- Install Oracle RAC 11.2 Linux • Developed and maintained relations with the client contra-partner to insure satisfaction in solving technical issues of this SAP, BW and SEM -- BCS implementation.
EMC Corporation -- Westboro, MA
• Migrated Oracle E-Business 11.5.10 application tiers from Solaris to Linux. Existing system consisted of 3 application servers and 10g database. Used Oracle apps migration techniques to migrate code from Solaris to Linux, Installed fresh Oracle 11g binaries and migrated database using export and import process. Documented all procedures.
Unisys Corporation -- BlueBell, PA
• Upgraded Several Oracle Ebusiness 11.5.10 to R12.1.3 Migrated from existing Hp-UX to Linux. Installed and configured all operating systems, setup and laid out san. Migrated application tier to shared application tier. Setup PCP and Oracle 11g Rac. Provided scaling and HA architecture. Setup Data Guard and Netapp snapclones. Setup load balancing and webcache. • Configured Oracle VM with OCFS and shared storage pools. Configured VMWare with Oracle 11gr Rac. Installed and configured VCS on AIX and Solaris. Migrate several DB2 8/9 databases from AIX to Oracle AIX.
• Setup all HP-UX 11.23 and 11.31 Environments with virtualization. Configured Powerpath, Zoning and Luns via Navisphere. All machines were HP-UX Itanium RX series. Setup monitoring tools. • Technical Lead - Migrate R12 from Windows 2003 to Red Hat Linux 5.7
• On Call DBA for all of Burleson's customer. Go-to Guy for RAC, Data Guard, Goldengate, all operating system tuning. SAN, NAS, ISCSI setups. My picture is still on the web-site
03/03 -- 02/05 Database Technical Lead (Contract)
(DELL) Austin, TX
• Database Lead for Dell Professional Services Migration team specializing in upgrades, migrations and complex installations of Oracle Applications 11i. • 11.5.10 Clustered Rac configuration with MRP and PCP -- provided all architecture decisions on shared file system and DMZ security. • Migrated 30 SQLServer 2000 and 2005 Databases to Oracle 10g -- All stored proc's, shell scripts and jdbc programs
01/01/2002 - 2/2003 Database Architect and Lead Migration Export Criminal History Board (CJIS) Chelsea, MA
Lead Architect and DBA for large migration project from HP SuperDome to Integrity Virtual Servers. I setup and configured all VM technology on HP-UX, setup ServiceGuard, Data Guard, RAC, ASM, Enterprise Manager, Monitoring of Operating system and Database. Oracle Forms, reports, packages. Wrote several interfaces for 3rd party integration.
06/00 -- 01/02 Database Architect and DBA Lead (Fulltime)
Sun Microsystems, Burlington, MA
• Oracle and SAP ERP Architect for several large clients. DBA and Lead Architect for over 5 major upgrades from 11i to R12 multi-global implementations. In charge of deciding on hardware, scaling of tiers based on number of users
• Configured SSO integration with Oracle Ebusiness and Discoverer and other third party software. Configured Workflow and BPEL processes for third party software feeds. Windows, L:inux, Aix, Solaris, HP-UX
• Upgrade large financial organization from 11.5.7 to R12.1.1. Customer was a large Supply Chain Store (Jcrew) - Design architecture, put together all technical documentation, mentor dba's during the upgrade process. Implemented Data Guard for standby, migrated existing 9.2. databases to 11g Real Application Clusters. Implement a shared application top for both techstack and appl_top. Customers runs AIX, HP-UX, Linux and Solaris.Utilized Quest Stat for managing Oracle E-Business patches and version control.
• Installed and Configure OEM 10g with plugin for HP Openview. Also setup plugins for EMC storage and various other components
• Migration of Ebusiness Suite from HP-UX Itanium to Linux x-64 -- database and application tier -- Shared application tier -- Migrated Database from Oracle 10g to 11gr2 RAC.
• Install vmware ESX4I and ESX4 server on redhat linux. Create vmware environments for several Oracle RAC and single instance databases. Configure shared storage, setup asm, GFS clustered file system, polyserve and VCS. Tested performance of each clustered file system.
• Installed and Setup Goldengate between Oracle and Sqlserver
05/94 -- 06/00 Database Lead (Contract)
Dell (Austin, TX)
• Hired as Database and Oracle Applications DBA Lead to implement a multi-architecture and Global deployment of 11.5.10. System consisted of several HP-PA Risc Application Servers and RAC based HP-UX Itanium servers. Installed and configured the hardware, OS, raid and LVM setup -- Installed 11.5.9 and ported it to a RAC environment on AIX, SUN, HP and REDHAT Linux AS.
• Installed RMAN and TMS for backups with Dataguard for high availability reporting instance. Provided all database tuning to existing systems using my 20+ yrs of RDB expertise.
10/1990 - 05/1994 Database Consultant Lead Engineer (Fulltime) Sybase Burlington, MA
• Lead Database Architect. It was my role to head the database team and make all final decisions concerning design and modifications to the schema. We used Erwin, Rational Rose and Powerdesigner for modeling tools. Was the lead Java developer and DBA on over 5 ERP and CRM implementation of Oracle.
• Installed and maintained Websphere for several clients. Migrated data, installed application servers, migrated legacy code.
• Lead Database Administrator. It was also my role to act as the primary database administrator. All performance tuning and database tasks would be signed off by me. Many of the projects involved supervising a staff of 6 to 10 DBA's. I was also the chief technologist for all database performance tuning and implementation. Some of the databases we worked on were several hundred gigabytes to terabyte financial systems.
1/1988 - 10/1990 Database Consultant (Contract) Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA.
• Developed several prototype cross-platform GUI applications using Omnis 7, MPW and Uniface. These applications were designed using Kerberos authentication (the technology would later be used 10 yrs later as the authentication for Windows 2000).
• Designed and Architected MIT's first implementation of Sybase and Oracle. Sybase was running on a pair of Clustered Vax 780's, Oracle was installed on a prototype version of the Digital Alpha processor.
8/1/2011 -- Present Northcentral University Phoenix, AZ PHD -- Information security
01/2010 -- June 2011 Saint Leo University Tampa, FL MBA -- Information security
06/1984 University of Massachusetts at Lowell Lowell, MA B.S. Computer Science