SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCECS EXECUTIVE Guiding Strategic HR Planning, HR Operations, Organizational Development and Change Vice President / Director / Telecommunications / Manufacturing
Successful management career as a Senior HR Executive for three corporations and multiple operating units. Provide innovative, results-driven leadership to balance HR with operating and financial goals. Pioneered organizational effectiveness and change management initiatives. Characterized as a mentor, leader, and executive advisor.
* Legal Compliance * Workforce Planning & Recruitment * Team Leadership * Compensation * Strategic Planning * Turnarounds * Benefits Administration * Corporate Communications * Employee Relations * Performance Management * Training & Development * Special Projects
Expert Knowledge of State & Federal Employment Laws and OSHA Regulations. Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
TELEDEX LLC, San Jose, CA 2000 to 2010 (Global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of telephony products serving the world-wide hospitality industry - $44 million annual sales - 150 employees.)
Vice President - Human Resources
Senior HR Executive with full responsibility for strategic planning, development and leadership of all HR, employee relations, labor relations, and organizational development initiatives for the organization. Successfully managed a $5.8 million annual payroll, $1 million annual benefits, and $400k annual HR budget in addition to administering a 401(k) plan with more than $3 million in assets.
* Successfully managed general liability, property & casual, cargo, transit, employer practices liability, and other insurance & bonds that protected the company and lowered costs. -Improved organization's bottom-line by coordinating budget with CFO & Controller. * Led strategic planning and problem solving initiatives for company operations, business development, organizational development, administration, and facilities. * Instrumental in protecting company interests by assisting with the legal review of major client contracts & labor requirements. * Managed several domestic & international layoffs and successfully avoided potential lawsuits and security risks by negotiating terms and conditions of all state, federal, and international laws. -Directed complex immigration issues including H-1Bs and I-140s. * Restructured benefit program (2009) that lowered employee costs while maintaining superior benefit levels. Reduced company costs by 40% and avoided layoffs and pay cuts. * Improved efficiency and accuracy by improving payroll system. Resulted in a 38% cost reduction. * Initiated Performance Bonus Program for domestic & international engineering groups that had potential revenue generation of more than $1 million. * Generated more than $2 million in revenue by recruiting 40 part-time technicians and directing training & budgeting for a large, nation-wide, hotel chain project. -Project involved high-speed data telephones installation and professional services follow-up.
BERLINER COHEN, San Jose, CA 1999 to 2000 (Law firm providing legal services in business & corporate law, business litigation, real estate, environmental law, and estate planning - $30 million annual revenue - 100+ employees.)
Human Resources Manager
Key member of management team responsible for directing human resources, organizational development, recruiting, employee relations, conflict resolution, compensation management, labor law compliance, and special projects. Lead organization with an annual budget of $7 million; budget covered benefits, 401(k) plan, and company insurance.
* Developed management system to maintain a highly-complex 401(k) program and effectively communicate it to attorneys & staff. Achieved high praise from Partners for system's viability. * Successfully provided executive coaching to partners and senior management. Coordinated company events and collaborated with management, vendors, and consultants to increase HR efficiency. * Spearheaded a cohesive HR infrastructure and organization that enhanced operational processes and repositioned the HR department to dramatically improve employee confidence and security. * Created "Open Door" counseling environment for employees that significantly improved morale and reduced conflicts; resulted in an increase in productivity and job satisfaction.
CHARTER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM, San Jose, CA 1998 to 1999 (Hospitality facility with 90+ employees.)
Director of Human Resources
Recruited by CBHS to manage all operations and revitalize the HR department.
* Successfully recruited key personnel and directed compensation, benefits, employee relations, staff development etc. Ensured policy and labor laws were properly followed.
LAW OFFICES OF BRUCE E. ZUCHOWSKI, San Jose, CA 1988 to 1998
Established office procedures and managed business operations such as payroll and financial reporting. Gained thorough exposure to employment law and resolution through the legal process.
* Managed recruiting, employee training, and counseling.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
BA - Business Economics, University of California Santa Barbara Certificate in Human Resources Administration, San Jose State University World at Work CCP & CBP Certification Courses Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) World at Work (formerly the American Compensation Association) Northern California Human Resources Association (NCHRA)