My experience coding RPG systems on my PC and transporting to the AS/400 and compiling there at Oasys Software. Also I have a stable 50 mb Internet connection needed for Remote compile.on the AS/400. I have much experience coding RPG programs Offsite and Onsite, INCLUDING THE AS/400 UTILITIES CL: CL DFU SDA DB2 SEU DFU,DDS & FULL SCREEN EDITORS. Of course, SQL & SQL/PL. ALSO: AVAILABLE FOR STRICTLY ONSITE DEVELOPMENT.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology/MIS The University of Texas, Arlington
DEGREED AS/400 RPG DEVELOPER
Resume: PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
* Experienced RPG3 & ILE Programmer/Developer, Maintained RPG SYSTEMS ON THE AS/400 Iseries. Designed Screens for each system (up to 7 SDA SCREENS) Coded Procedures that drove the systems & CL UTILITIES: CL DFU SDA DB2 SEU DDS & FULL SCREEN EDITORS. * Highly knowledgeable Computer Programmer and Systems Analyst with expertise in systems analysis, database design, and maintenance.
* Customer service skills include providing resolutions to issues relating to computer systems including software and hardware. * Demonstrates expert level of competency when under pressure to complete assigned tasks within timetables and allocated budget.
TOM LINDSEY, UTA LIBRARIAN 2001-CURRENT
As-Needed contracts approximately 20 Hours/week.
I found mismatched temporary library catalog records that should be replaced with permanent catalog records. Some records are aand have been in a mismatch situation for 14 years. Reseaching records I found a common phrase in the temporary records that could be used to cull a list of mismatch records. Also Developed a moe efficient Access method for storage and retrieval. Iprovided detail documentation for later maintenance by Tom and other UTA librarians.
The most challenging project has been finding a way to create a database of 500,000 to 600,000 records of classification number, title and publication year for publications. Most of the publications were never entered into any electronic database or catalog. By federal law, Title 44, Chapter 19, United States Code, almost all the publications must be offered to other libraries, but very few will be requested.
Most will be discarded a few months after entry into the database. The database has little use to other libraries, and is unlikely to be used by our library except to prove that we followed the rules for disposal.
We are trying to patch a database together from other public domain files that have some but not all data elements needed.
My only computer training course was in "Mechanized Information Retrieval" before the creation of the personal computer. John is helping me decide what is needed to do this project.
I hope that this explains our situation. Tom also says that I've been very valuable in making me decide what is needed, and explaining how modern computer systems work.
KNOWBILITY, INC 07/09- 10/10 PDF Document Remediation Specialist, Web Accessibility Analyst
* I tested client's Web sites against W3C and WCAG Standards - very High Section 508 guidelines using WAVE Software on different browsers, both IE & Firefox. Currently I use: Firefox 2.6.15 and Internet Explorer 9 on my Windows7, 64 bit machine. Also my ISP (Charter)reaches speeds of 84.4 mb/sec & a very stable connection. I also know enough HTML & XML to suggest code for the Accessibilty problems encountered.
* Edits Adobe Acrobat documents so they are accessible for blind users using screen readers as well as ensuring the documents are easily read by sighted readers.
TELVISIO SUPPORT 07/08 -09/08 Help Desk Agent * Answered technical support calls, solved all computer issues for software and hardware.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON 2007 IT Specialist * Found broken links on library website, located matching records, and updated library index.
SOUTHERN SYNERGY- Arlington, TX 2006 IT Developer, Web Strategist * Marketed web pages to outside clients. * Utilized database to perform assigned tasks as well as serving as advisor in marketing of web pages.
BIG 6 RECRUITING- Arlington, TX 2006 Technical Recruiter * Performed technical recruiting duties for sourcing firm. * Utilized database to perform assigned tasks as well as matching qualified candidates with open positions.
RMS COMPUTER SYSTEMS- Arlington, TX 2005-2006 Technical Support Representative * Assisted in resolving customer service issues by troubleshooting various Macintosh and Windows OS. * Provided customer service support as well as supported supervisors with web site design and promotion.
MANPOWER PROFESSIONALS- Fort Worth, TX 2004
Computer Network Professional * Performed onsite support of NT network between six AS400s and two mainframes.
OASYS SOFTWARE 07/1992-01/1993
Advanced on the job training,I devolped RPG ]sytems & updated advanced programer's systems, added SDA screens to fulfill FSDL & on the AS/400 TRAINING & WORK: I updated existing RPG3 SYSTEMS & developed my own Procedures that drove RPG SYSTEMS including over 7 SDA SCREENS
To save AS/400 time I would save the RPG SYSTEMS to a 3.5" disk & code the updates and changes in the entire System then I would come back to compile & repair compile errors . on the AS/400 & RE-compile into a load member. Also coded new RPG systems, SDA screens & other AS/400 utilities. Wrote procedures to drive them. Upon my study of RPG 4 features & ILE subprocedures I'm excited at the opportunity to learn more! AS/400 RPG UTILITIES & KILLS: CL SQL, SDA DB2 SEU & FULL SCREEN EDITORS. SEU, DFU, DDS. SYS36: OCL, SDA,SEU, DFU, Dummy Terminals.
I have experience coding RPG systems on my PC and transporting to the AS/400 and compiling there at "Oasys Software". Also I have a synchronous Internet connection needed for Remote compile on the AS/400. I have much experience coding RPG programs Offsite, INCLUDING THE AS/400 UTILITIES AND OS: CL DFU SDA DB2 SEU & FULL SCREEN EDITORS.
My rate for any contract position is open, for a telecommute position, much less than required for relocating. Will need to discuss this with the employer.
* AS400, AS400 Utilities, and SYS36 * JAVA, Visual Basic 6 * RPG II, RPG III, AND 4-ILE Structured COBOL, QB4 and dBase * All Windows OS, OCL and CL * Oracle, Fox Pro, Access, AS/400 SQL & PL/SQL
Computer Programming Diploma Bryan Institute of Technology, 1991
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/MIS UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, ARLINGTON 2001.