Extensive experience in Information Technology environments
Project Manager with a ten year track record of strong crisis management and customer service complemented by a background of working in premier Fortune 500 companies. Extensive experience in Information Technology environments. Able to quickly learn in a fast paced environment, influence management, meet deadlines and lead cross-functional teams. Major strengths include project and vendor management, communications, relationship and team building, and process improvements.
GRAINGER, Lake Forest, IL 2003 - Present The leading broad-line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses in North America.
Project Manager/Customer Service Project Management Office 2006 - Present Project managed Customer Service Continuous Improvement projects from concept through implementation utilizing cross-functional works groups resulting in premier customer satisfaction.
* Managed the project lifecycle of a quality assurance initiative providing a nationwide standardized technology solution and business processes resulting in a 5% national increase in Customer Service Agent monitoring scores. Managed 25-30 team resources.
* Led work force management localization project which allowed branches to manage their service levels and staffing with increased ease & efficiency. Successfully completed the project, which had been in jeopardy, and increased service levels nationally.
* Key team member who pioneered implementation of new project management office processes and template documents while obtaining executive and other stakeholders support.
* Partnered with six sigma professionals on developing all project metrics.
Telecom Projectg Manager/Engineer 2003 - 2006 Project managed Telecom projects providing high degree of problem resolution and customer service.
* Managed the Priority Issues Team responsible for resolving technical vendor issues that had a high organizational impact. Developed the project plan, tracked problems, conducted review meetings and drove root cause analysis processes resulting in increased system stabilization and integrity.
* Originated recommendation to purchase in-house audio-conferencing system, evaluated several audio conferencing providers' RFP's, conducted cost benefit analysis, selected vendor, developed project, training and communication plans. Led the cross-team implementation for company wide rollout resulting in a $1M cost savings.
* Project Manager of Facilities Quality Project Team charged with implementing quality standards for corporate data center resulting in a "best in class" showcase model suitable for review by customers, vendors and the Board of Directors.
* Managed the installations of new phone systems at three Grainger locations providing improved communications and increased customer satisfaction.
* Evaluated and made recommendations to vendor contracts, assisted with negotiations and executed renewals resulting in efficient timely technical support at a considerable cost savings.
* Provided onsite support for Customer Service Technology Program - rollout of Cisco IPCC VoIP solution to approximately 400 branches - SAP and Market Expansion support leading to a dramatic cost savings and improved customer experience.
* Developed process improvement documentation enabling smooth transition of out-sourced support services and increased productivity.
ACCENTURE, Northbrook, IL 1996 - 2001 A global management consulting, technical services and outsourcing company.
Specialist - Voice Engineering/Project Management 2000 - 2001 Senior team member providing project/problem management for a variety of telecom projects. Set corporate wide standards with the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
* Project Lead for designing/implementing an Avaya phone system test lab, facilitated meetings, developed project plans and documentation resulting in product recommendations for the Firm.
* Developed documentation of voice standards & best practices, and a standardized installation manual, for Accenture's U.S. locations providing organizational uniformity and increased efficiency.
* Project manager in the Americas for rollout of phone system software upgrade successfully updating all 36 locations to current release.
* Team lead for Tier 4 customer service, product, pricing, and escalations in the Americas providing a central point of contact for internal customers and external vendors. * Sr. Consultant - Voice Operations 1996 - 1999 Primary customer liaison between voice operations and internal users. Directly supervised new technicians, many team projects and designated secondary team lead.
* Project Manager for cross-functional Chicago Metro Area team regarding SONET upgrade resulting in increased network capacity and improved productivity.
* Recognized in corporate division for leading project team for headquarters phone system installation and high profile call center redesign delivering highest level of customer service and significantly improving customer relations within the firm.
* Leadership role on Telecom Standards Committee setting global voice standards for the Americas, as well as on Customer Process Improvement and Change Management teams.
* Approved all voice & data telecom billing for all Chicago Metro office locations.
MOORE BUSINESS FORMS/E.D.S., Lake Forest, IL 1992 - 1995 Moore is the leading print, document and e-business solutions specialist.
Network Analyst/Administrator Crisis Management/technical support for phone and voice mail sites for hundreds of sites across the US.
* Project leader, over both voice and data, for high profile office consolidations to brand new facility.
* Planned, managed and implemented installations of phone, network and voicemail systems.
Bachelor of Science, Commerce, DePaul University, Chicago, IL Certificate of Telecommunications, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Member of Project Management Institute since November 2006
Pursuing Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification - October 2007 Global Knowledge, Schaumburg, IL
Fast Start in Project Management, Systemation - June 2007 Microsoft Project 2003, Systemation - July 2007
Project Management Course, Accenture Time Management, Accenture
Effective Presentations, Fred Pryor Exceptional Customer Service, Fred Pryor
Metrics, Project Lifecycle, Stakeholders, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Project Management Professional, Best in Class, Best Practices, Cross-Functional Workgroups, Project Plan, Project Deliverables, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Process Improvement, Business Process Consulting, Due Diligence, Process Re-engineering, User Acceptance Testing, War Room, Visio, Lean, Vendor Management.