15-Plus Years of Demonstrated Experience in Contractual Negotiations & New Business Development with Expertise in Operations Management in the IT industry.
* Multi-tasking, energy charged leader, mentor and coach with a proven history of identifying areas of deficiency and implementing creative solutions resulting in successful bottom line management.
* Solid business orientation in technical outsourcing, vendor relations, field project management, operations, creating, and managing contracted SLA's.
* A career consisting of managing high end IT sales professionals, high tech consultants and highly sensitive clients.
* Exceptional relationship building skills across all levels of an organization, effectively bridging the technology gap.
* Resource Management * Client Relationship Management (CRM) * Vendor/ Supplier Management * Project Oversight * Cross-functional Team Management * Arbitration/ Negotiation * Off-shoring/ Outsourcing * Managing/ Directing RFQ's & RFP's * Managed SLA''s/ KPI's * Business Intelligence Analysis (BI) * Business Operations/ Ownership * Multi-Personnel Management * Project Budget Analysis * Microsoft Office Suites * MS Project, Outlook & Visio * Salesforce.com * Coaching/Mentoring * New Business Development
DESERT SKY BUILDERS, Las Cruces, New Mexico 10/2003 - Present Owner / Project Manager / Business Consultant
* Hired to represent clients for multi-million dollar bid projects. Attend bid meetings, create asset profiles needed for projects, apply outlines and parameters to prepare RFP's within strict timeframes and produce the final RFP using traditional media, along with thumb drives, CD's and Cloud technology such as Dropbox.
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the sales process by consulting, advising and recommending software, infrastructure solutions, business models and sales strategies for area businesses.
* Coordinated the sales efforts within a tri-state area for a new social web site exclusively for hometown business leaders to post to a blog for a social round table concept for local businesses. www.VirComX.com
* Contracted to respond to and create one of the final winning RFP's for a New Mexico State Education contract worth $8 million over four years with an automatic renewal. This contract, with my project management experience, was expanded to cover the entire state of New Mexico's educational institutions.
* Personally responsible for managing the life cycle of 30 custom residential homes and 3 commercial projects all within contracted SLA's, timelines and budgets.
* Work with local Attorneys and Courts as a SME for contractual project disputes. Provide written reports/ white papers for any Arbitration cases.
* Consulted with a Canadian software firm on ways to break into the southern New Mexico area for marketing their POS software. Recruited an outbound sales team which kicked off their sales efforts in the New Mexico market.
* Responsible for IT Operations management of the company's 24x7 Service Desk, web site and the Network Operations Center (NOC). Responsible for adhering to contracted SLA's with continuous monitoring and service level revisions.
* Directed and managed all technical support personnel including the NOC manager, client services manager, web master and technical service staff. Oversaw the operations of the Service Desk as well as coordinated resources with off-shore Service Desk consultants and support personnel to meet client driven SLA's.
* Inspired and motivated technical personnel to think outside the box and set aggressive, attainable department and company goals. This reduced turnover and resulted in positive feedback from clients for our client support services.
* Created Big Think, an eight-person team, which identified, assessed and devised resolutions to mission critical issues and reported the results directly to CEO and Executive Team in the form of White Papers.
PARITY TELTECH INTERNATIONAL, Rochelle Park, NJ 2/2000 - 4/2002 Regional Technical Director - New Jersey / Pennsylvania
* Directly managed all sales, operations, technical recruiting and outsourcing related to IT projects and resources; responsible for all SOW's, RFP responses and partnering agreements.
* Established a new focus on profitability and bottom line management by implementing a new business model driving acquisition of long-term, higher profit client projects over short-term gains.
* Increased revenue and bottom line profits by creating new incentives among the sales force as well as the recruiting team, which included the entire office in measuring activity against company goals and quotas.
EMTEC INCORPORATED, Cranford, NJ 1/1999 - 2/2000 Consultant / Regional Sales Manager - New York / New Jersey Metro Area
* Recruited, trained and coached six highly successful sales professionals who yielded annual revenues in excess of 40 million dollars.
* Spearheaded initiatives to increase the sales force within one year with sales professionals experienced in selling Sun, IBM, HP, Novell and Cisco to Fortune 1000 companies.
* Successfully increased sales revenues by nearly 15% in placing more emphasis upon sales assistants and initiating more effective selling techniques. More importantly, this involved changing their mindset from being a salesperson to a resource for their customer base.
COMPUTER GENERATED SOLUTIONS, Inc., New York City, NY 9/1997 - 1/1999 Manager of Client Services/ Engagement Manager
* Implemented the processes, strategies and pricing for all RFP's, system migrations, remediation and rollouts involving CGS Professional Services and CGS Service Desk Services Group.
* Led the hiring and the day-to-day progress of on-site technical teams performing platform migrations such as Novell to MS NT of 3,500 workstations. For this project, a remediation team was set in place to evaluate every workstation, implemented a standard "build", maintain an audit of the environment and meet a contracted Service Level Agreement of a six month completion date. On-going support was managed from a monitored Service Desk.
* Spearheaded an "in-house" CGS project of restructuring their Recruiting Dept. It involved planning, implementing and managing a new process for recruiting candidates for CGS clients. This process allowed them to double their workload from 100 job openings to over 200 openings with the same recruiting staff.
DENDRITE AMERICAS, Morristown, NJ 10/1995 - 8/1997 Operations Manager of Hardware Services and Support
* Implemented new business procedures for the sales and service of computer equipment, (11,000 laptops), for Dendrite's pharmaceutical client base which included Eli Lilly & Co., Pfizer, Ortho McNeil, Janssen, Ortho Biotech and RPR Pharmaceutical. This involved planning, creating and promoting a complete Life Cycle Model for Sales Force Automation (SFA).
* Project managed the SFA roll-outs of over 5,000 new laptops for Dendrite clients that involved return of their old laptops, off loading their data and pushing new laptops back into the field with little disruption to their field reps.
* Developed a complete business plan and strategy to take over the existing Dendrite Hardware Service department with new laptop service authorizations that included IBM, Compaq, NEC, Toshiba, AST and Hewlett Packard.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
* UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA - Lincoln, NE Bachelor of Arts in Journalism; Minors in Business & Math
* PMP Certification - In Progress TARGETED COMPLETION & TESTING - October 2012
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
* ITIL v3 Foundation certified
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI) - Membership # 1001518