SENIOR IT MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE STRATEGIC PLANNING & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Dynamic and forward-thinking Information Technology Executive with extensive experience shaping IT strategies and developing transformative solutions for technically complex environments that deliver immediate results and business-process improvements. Proven track record of designing and executing new procedures that optimize operations, elevate productivity, and generate financial growth. Exemplary leader with hands-on technical background in systems administration and network engineering. History of building and leading cross-functional teams in uncovering opportunities to maximize efficiency and reduce operating costs. Areas of Expertise: IT Strategy & Design - Systems Architecture - Financial Systems - Telecommunications - Hardware Integration - Application Integration Technical Service & Pre-Sales Support - Data Architecture - Product Installation - Process Automation & Improvement - LAN/WAN ________________________________________ PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE JPMORGAN CHASE & CO. - Columbus, OH 2005 TO PRESENT Global financial-services firm offering financial-management services to investment, research, banking, finance, and insurance industries.
VICE PRESIDENT/ARCHITECT [2011 TO PRESENT] Promoted to oversee development and maintenance of iSeries systems architecture. Analyze infrastructure capabilities in current environment to identify strength against IT market trends. Identify improvement options to best provide cost-effective and resilient client-service offerings. Collaborate with IBM technicians and executives to determine system requirements that align with corporate objectives. Mitigate lacking areas in current platform offerings and develop system improvements. Author, plan, and implement upgrades to ensure peak performance and minimize downtime. Serve on Senior Management team for large midrange systems, participating in weekly meetings to review costing, cost reductions, and verification of billing charges. Oversee departmental personnel issues and organize staff reductions as needed.
* Implemented first IBM 795 POWER7 servers in U.S., generating $1.6M in annual savings by consolidating seven enterprise servers into two. Eliminated 42 racks of equipment from three datacenters.
* Designed re-architecture of iSeries environment driving 30% cost savings by reducing logical partitions [LPAR] by 40%.
* Served four years on Board of Directors for IBM iSeries Large User Group. Collaborated with Architecture committee to develop global vision for iSeries architecture initiatives.
GLOBAL TOWER MANAGER/GLOBAL ENGINEERING MANAGER [2005 TO 2010] Managed design of iSeries environment for U.S. and European markets. Identified deployment and migration of systems information to streamline business processes. Oversaw design, testing, implementation, and management of first IBM DS8300, introducing external-storage system that provided flexibility when adding additional storage into local partitions. Optimized disaster-recovery [DR] scenarios to create dependable systems of recovery, as well as bolster client confidence. Streamlined processes for production system changes.
* Developed and implemented $23M iSeries Technology refresh to generate five-year savings of $41M. Initiated design, test, and rollout of IBM DS8300 external storage solution to provide first dependable DR architecture solution. * Reduced system-implementation time by 20 hours by initiating new hardware capabilities to migrate LPAR without using tape. Transitioned from tape-restore methodology to hardware-based process with 100% compliance and accuracy reported.
CARDINAL HEALTH - Dublin, OH 2002 TO 2005 Fortune 21 company with 55K employees offering drug-distribution and development services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER Managed team of six engineers in development and maintenance of 51 system images across 23 central and remote datacenters. Oversaw full system support from hardware and operating-system standpoint. Mitigated system escalations and provided comprehensive support for all hardware, software, and operating systems in AS/400/iSeries.
* Reduced man-hours required for verification processes, from 16 hours to 1, by re-engineering OS upgrade to automate processes and improve accuracy of results reported. * Increased job-satisfaction rates for engineering team by designing and implementing rotating model of support roles. Role diversification led to increased knowledge base that generated higher levels of service quality. * Successfully deployed four high-availability systems for $36B business unit. * Achieved $20M in savings over 18 months by implementing software-replication process that consolidated eight systems into two. Automation of results strengthened DR process companywide.
SPARROWHAWK CONSULTING - Westerville, OH 2001 TO 2002 Personal consulting enterprise providing technical support and solutions for clients throughout Ohio. CONSULTANT Provided technical support for PC and Windows servers, installing and configuring hardware and point-of-sale systems. Managed migration and deployments of new servers and workstations. Expanded personal client base and engineered subcontractor work through Franklin Computer Services Group. Interfaced with clients as on-site technical representative, ensuring quality customer service resulted in repeat engagement.
* Prospected clients through series of marketing strategies, building account base from 0 to 20+ companies in one year. * Redesigned large-scale network infrastructure for country club, resulting in 100% accuracy in system deployment during transition period.
CROWE CHIZEK & COMPANY, LLP - Columbus, OH 1999 TO 2001 Public and accounting consulting firm assisting clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk, and performance services. SENIOR TECHNICAL SPECIALIST Re-engaged by company partner to oversee technical support for staff engaged in selling Baan ERP systems. Orchestrated proactive in-house testing processes that ensured proper infrastructure architecture prior to consultant implementation. Managed demo-system upgrades and implementation of top-flight technology to support sales teams. Built and administered Windows servers for sales organization. Collaborated with sales team in pre-sales activities that enhanced customer-relationship management and application support.
* Drove sales growth by building, testing, and implementing company`s first AIX servers for use in sales demonstrations. * Supported ERP systems-sales initiatives by leading executive demonstrations and proposals marketing Baan infrastructure tools. * Increased hardware- and software-cost savings by consolidating five regional systems into two.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE TSO Quality Analyst/Support Center Manager, Cooperative Services Network - Westerville, OH AS/400 System Manager, Crowe Chizek & Company, LLP - Columbus, OH Information System Manager, Combibloc - Hilliard, OH Senior Software Specialist, Pansophic Software/Computer Associates - Dublin, OH Information Systems Manager/CS & S, Liebert Corporation - Columbus, OH TECHNOLOGY PORTFOLIO OS: iOS, OS/400, VIOS, AIX, MVS/XA, Windows NT/2000/2002 Server/9.x-XP W7, Macintosh OS, Novell Netware Server Apps: Help Systems Robot Suite, Mimix High Availability, Oracle, Informix, Commerce Server, Internet Information Server, Byteware Messenger Plus, Data Mirror Transformation Server, Vision Solutions, MS-SQL Server Software: BAAN, BPCS, MAPICS, IPCS, Cullinet Manufacturing System, Onyx CRM and E-Commerce, Site Server/Commerce, MS Office EDUCATION & TRAINING BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, MAJOR IN COMPUTER SCIENCE - THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY - Columbus, OH CERTIFICATION IN PRODUCTION & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT [CPIM] - AMERICAN PRODUCTION & INVENTORY CONTROL SOCIETY CERTIFIED SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - IBM POWER SYSTEMS