Experienced in various software development life cycle methodologies to include Agile and Scrum practices
US-TX-Allen (will consider relocating)
Utilize my vast leadership skills and experience in professional development with a challenging position within a successful company.
Summary of qualifications
Servant Leadership with an emphasis on coaching and team/individual development 17 years of Leadership experience Extremely proficient in establishing structure to new departments or organizations Multi-faceted abilities to recognize inefficiencies and implementing solutions in a fast paced environment Experienced in various software development life cycle methodologies to include Agile and Scrum practices Exceptionally qualified in software testing strategies and methodologies 12 years of quality assurance testing experience Unequivocal ability to adapt and learn new technologies
DataPath, Inc. DataPath is a management-owned, privately held company based in Little Rock, Arkansas, that produces software solutions for administering employee benefit plans. Our clients include employers, third party administrators, benefit consultants, Plan Service Providers, banks, certified public accountants, insurance companies, and insurance agencies.
2007 - 2011 Development and Quality Assurance Manager / Analyst
* Facilitated Development, Quality Assurance, and the Software Development Life Cycle change control Committee for all of DataPath, Inc. and its affiliates including corporate offices in Arkansas, Illinois, Arizona, and India. * Produced policies for all departments to include: coding best practices for developers, interdepartmental escalation of issues, and quality assurance standards. * Created the Committee process: a democratic mid-level management board with the purpose of evaluating and voting on enhancement requests to existing products and services, any policy or procedural changes, and all other day to day operational tasks that improved client relations. * Formalized documentation outlining DataPath policies and procedures; such as, Functional Specification Standards, Technical Specification Standards, and Communication Standards. * Designed and implemented an internal tool for project management. * Developed a Leadership Building course designed to challenge DataPath associates and expand leadership skill sets for all associates. * Implemented the DataPath Stability Team in order to coordinate efforts from Operations, Development, and IT to further promote stability to our ever growing infrastructure. * Collaborated with Project Managers to ensure prompt delivery of all tasks assigned and procure the appropriate resources for all projects. * Supervised the execution and completion of all projects and directly reported statistics to company owners. * Served as a quality assurance analyst ensuring all testing requirements were attained for each project. * Created test plans and test cases based on requirements for project plan. * Executed manual testing according to documented test plans and test cases. * Recorded all defects in the defect tracking system and reported them in the testing log. * Communicated with internal and external clients to ensure all requirements were completed on time and to the client`s full satisfaction. * Worked with clients during beta testing to ensure accountability for both the client and DataPath. * Created and implemented departmental standards for quality testing on all products and services. * Formalized documentation for quality assurance by implementing test case specifications, testing log automation, and web based test reports. * Designed an internal training guide for new associates to Quality Assurance and Development. * Conducted weekly training sessions with members of each department to calibrate best practices. * Developed an internal tool for creating -What`s New- documents used in communicating any modification approved and executed as a result of quality control during the development life cycle to clients. * Wrote articles for the DataPath newsletter communicating enhancements of the software.
2005 - 2007 Quality Assurance Tester / Customer Service Manager
* Implemented Policies and Procedures for Customer Service to run more efficiently. * Monitored and measured call center performance initializing disaster recovery plan(s) when call volume increases to critical levels. * Promoted staff development through training, cross-training, career planning and coaching. * Coordinated on-site or in-house training for existing clients and manage personnel accordingly. * Modified Customer Database (CRM) with features that allow clients to communicate using emails to automatically log Inquiries. * Optimized the clients` web portal to allow submission of inquiries, tracking of all logged inquiries, and education for frequently asked questions. * Updated IVR phone system to enable a more -customer friendly- first contact. * Completed an extensive new hire training program. * Performed manual black box and regression testing as needed
ALLTEL Communications A former leader in providing wireless / land line / internet services across the US. Originally acquired by Goldman Sachs in 2007 but later sold ALLTEL to Verizon in 2008.
2003 - 2005 Technical Support Lead / Project Management (QA)
* Assisted in testing and implementing a database for the CRM, Fusion, that merged caller id with two billing systems and a -switch- (Motorola, Lucent, or Nortel) determined by the area code and prefix. * Assigned lead contact for all system surveys and reoccurring customer issues establishing new business rules for everyday operations. * Received inbound customer calls via the IVR system or inter-departmental transfers. * Provided excellent customer service and troubleshooting assistance to customers to determine why the service, equipment or feature is inoperable. * Utilized strong problem-solving and customer service skills to resolve issues using V2, Cellware, and Smartpay, billing systems. * Led the department in quality, revenue, and calls per hour statistics. * Received 24 customer service awards in the course of 2 years, averaging one award per month.
AmTote International AmTote is a leading totalisator service provider committed to providing the best ongoing customer service, support, and technological advancements in the pari-mutuel wagering industry.
* Initialized network communications between the Maryland HUB and Oaklawn racetrack using a T-1 circuit. * Transferred funds for Para-mutual wagering averaging over one million dollars per day. * Supervised operation of equipment to exceed company standards and productivity. * Created a Standards Guide to increase productivity by decreasing the learning curve of rotating personnel from other tracks. * Determined through excellent troubleshooting skills all types of network errors using Cisco routers to increase efficiency of racetrack operations. * Performed quality assurance testing for software updates.
United States Army - Signal Corps The mission of the Signal Corps is to provide and manage communications and information systems support for the command and control of combined arms forces. To integrate tactical, strategic and sustaining base communications, information processing and management systems into a seamless global information network.
* Installed, maintained, and supervised information networks to include communications links, computers, and other components of local and wide area networks. * Executed deployments of soldiers & equipment to designated locations worldwide. * Provided Leadership and Development of up to 50 soldiers. * Assisted in writing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the company formerly known as 596 Signal Co. * Provided Help Desk Support for administrators on Windows based networks. * Awards: 3 Army Achievement Medals 4 Achievement Certificates.