Integration with Modern Platforms ~ Financial Industry ~ Enterprise-Wide Architecture
Innovative Mainframe Developer focused on driving technical solutions to integrate web, mobile and client/server platforms with mainframe applications. Implements cutting-edge solutions to support growth strategy, improve operational efficiency, reduce cost, mitigate business risk and enhance user experience. Combines technical expertise, leadership attributes and interpersonal skills to rapidly analyze complex business challenges and provide flexible, scalable solutions with marked ROI. Core Competencies:
* Software Development * Requirements Identification * Process Improvement * System Improvement * Application Architecture * Project Management * Regulatory Compliance * Change Management * Quality Assurance
UBS FINANCIAL SERVICES INC., Weehawken New Jersey 1999 to 2011 Senior Application Engineer
* Developed financial industry leading applications utilizing COBOL, SQL and DB2. * Created new mainframe applications to integrate with Java and XML based, web and client-server technologies. * Meet with end users and department heads to gather and document requirements, establish technical specifications and set deadlines and milestones. * Gathered and documented requirements, assessed business objectives and managed all stages of software development and implementation.
Capital Markets - Syndicate Platform
* Lead database modeling and design team for a $5 million primary market platform to support equities as well as preferred and structured products, reducing printing and postage annually by $500,000 and operational cost by $750,000. * Implemented an SOA solution with underlying object-oriented design to support multiple asset types.
Consolidated Order Entry
* Designed and implemented a real-time, order entry secondary market platform for equities, options and fixed income trading enabling brokers to enter multiple types of orders for multiple accounts. * Reduced client fees by 60% through real-time average pricing of same-day activities.
Business Rule Engine
* Designed, implemented and supported enterprise-level real-time edits, rules and validation engine for all trading platforms. * Standardized enforcement of business rules across the firm, reducing development costs by $800,000 annually.
Real-time Figuration Calculator
* Designed and implemented a real-time cost and commission calculator for trading platforms, yielding $250,000 per year through the reduction of back office manual administration.
Capital Markets - Google IPO
* Developed enhancements to equity syndicate applications and business processes to support the syndicate Dutch auction that enabled participation in Google`s syndicate offerings.
Acquisitions - JC Bradford Conversion
* Served as technical lead assimilating JC Bradford`s open orders into UBS proprietary format.
THE CHUBB INSTITUTE, North Brunswick, New Jersey Certificate in Computer Programming